Light Pumpkin Panna Cotta
Recipe By Holly Chute, Executive Chef Georgia Governor's Mansion
Here's a Panna Cotta recipe that reflects the flavors of the season. It's an easy do-ahead dessert that is is a light finish to your Thanksgiving meal.
- 1 can pumpkin
- ½ cup half & half
- 2 cups almond milk
- 1¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup agave nectar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 envelope gelatin
- Combine pumpkin, almond milk, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, cloves and salt in a small saucepan. Add agave nectar and bring to a simmer.
- Meanwhile, sprinkle gelatin over half and half, let sit to bloom for 5 minutes.
- Add to heated mixture, stirring to dissolve. Add vanilla to pumpkin mixture then pour into dessert dishes or martini glasses.
- Refrigerate at least four hours or overnight. Serve with a small dollop of whipped cream or non-dairy topping.