- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves chopped
- 1 jalapeño chile (ribs and seeds removed for less heat if desired), chopped
- 1 ½ pounds skirt steak cut to fit skillet
- 1 lime cut into wedges, for garnish (optional)
- In blender, combine lime juice, soy sauce, garlic, and jalapeño; purée until smooth. Transfer to a shallow dish or large resealable plastic bag. Toss with steak to coat. Let stand at least 30 minutes, and no more than 2 hours, to infuse with flavor.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high, until very hot. Cook steak, in two batches if necessary, until browned, 2 to 3 minutes per side for medium-rare. Let rest 10 minutes before slicing thinly. Serve with lime wedges, if desired.
Nutrition InfoPer serving: 354 calories; 22.4 grams fat; 34.5 grams protein; 1.8 grams carbohydrates; 0.2 gram fiber