Linguine with Greens and White Beans
Recipe by Denise Santoro Lincoln
- 1 bunch of chard broccoli rabe, mustard greens or any other leafy green
- 1 12 oz can white beans drained and rinsed
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper (if desired)
- 1 lb. linguine
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Some pasta water
- Top with Parmesan cheese
- Cook linguine in salted water until al dente.
- Meanwhile, in a large pan, heat the olive oil and cook the garlic until lightly browned. If using the crushed red pepper, add it now.
- Add the greens and partially cook until warmed through. If using a tougher green, add about a ¼ cup of water and cover to help cook the vegetable.
- Add the beans and a little pasta water.
- Stir thoroughly and cover for one minute.
- Once the beans are heated through and the vegetables are wilted (but not soggy) add the cooked and drained pasta.
- Add more water or olive oil if necessary.
- Add salt to taste.
- Serve with Parmesan cheese.