Linguine with Roasted Broccoli, Pine Nuts and Goat Cheese
You will love the way the roasted broccoli plays with a creamy goat cheese sauce. Food blogger Jenna Weber shares shares why she loves to roast her broccoli in a full post on the Fresh Tastes blog.
- 8 oz dry linguine pasta
- 12 oz broccoli florets (about 4 cups)
- 5 oz soft goat cheese
- ¼ cup toasted pine nuts
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 ½ tbsp olive oil, divided
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with tin foil and place the broccoli florets on top. Drizzle with a half tablespoon of olive oil and toss to coat. Roast broccoli for about 25 minutes, tossing occasionally.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add a big pinch of salt and the linguine. Cook until pasta is al dente. Drain, reserving 1 cup of pasta cooking water.
- In a large skillet, heat up the remaining tablespoon of olive oil over medium heat. Add the minced garlic and sauté for about 30 seconds until fragrant and toasty. Add the goat cheese and stir to melt, drizzling in some pasta water to create a smooth sauce. Add the hot linguine and roasted broccoli. Toss well, adding more pasta water if dish seems dry. Season with salt and pepper and scatter pine nuts on top.
- Enjoy immediately.