Linguine with White Clam Sauce and Onions
- 1 lb. quality linguine
- 3 10.5 ounce cans white clam sauce
- 6 large cloves garlic minced or chopped fine
- 1 large onion (Spanish or white or Vidalia) chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 stick butter
- 2 tablespoons parsley flakes
- Boil water for pasta.
- Sauté garlic and onion in olive oil in a large frying pan or saucepot until onion becomes transparent, 3-4 minutes.
- DO NOT brown garlic --it will become bitter.
- Add clam sauce, butter, and parsley flakes. Bring to boil then reduce heat and simmer sauce until pasta is cooked.
- Cook linguini until it bends (3-4 minutes). Drain pasta, put back in pot, combine with clam sauce, stir once, and cover pot. Let sit for 15-20 minutes. Stir and serve.
- Serve with garden salad and your favorite Italian dressing and garlic bread. Condiments: salt, black pepper, crushed red paper and grated Romano or Parmigianino Reggiano cheese.