Carol from Galloway, New Jersey submitted this recipe which was a winner in our Italian recipe contest judged by Mary Ann Esposito of Ciao Italia.
Cook time: 15 Minutes
Yield: about 10 donuts
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup melted Crisco
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 4 cups flour
- 6 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- 2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 4 tbsp. Milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Beat eggs. Add sugar, Crisco and vanilla.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add enough flour so the dough sticks together. Shape into small doughnuts about an inch in diameter.
- Bake in a preheated 350 oven for approximately 15 minutes.
- Glaze: combine and coat warm cookies with the glaze. You can also decorate with multicolored jimmies.