Little Parsley Gnocchi
These little potato and parsley dumplings are so easy to make, and they are the perfect first course. Watch Mary Ann Esposito make Little Parsley Gnocchi at CiaoItalia.com!
- 1/2 pound unsalted butter (2 sticks)
- 1 large bunch leeks, white part only, thinly sliced
- 1 pound mealy potatoes
- 1 to 1 -1/2 cups semolina flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup finely minced parsley
- Melt the butter in a large sauce pan; stir in the leeks and cook them over medium heat until they are very creamy, about 20 minutes. Cover the pan and keep the sauce warm.
- Microwave the potatoes; while warm, peel and rice them into a bowl. Add the flour a little at a time, with the salt, to create a ball of dough that holds together. Work in the parsley.
- Divide into 4 pieces; roll each piece into a 14-inch long rope the thickness of your middle finger. Cut 1/2-inch pieces and roll each off the tines of a floured fork.Place the gnochetti in single rows on floured towels.
- Bring 4 quarts of water to a boil and cook the gnocchi a dozen at a time until they bob to the top; remove them with a slotted spoon to the saucepan with the melted butter and leek sauce.
- When all the gnocchetti are cooked, toss them over low heat in the sauce until well-coated. Serve immediately.