Little Red Pepper Tarts
Red and yellow sweet peppers can be roasted ahead and refrigerated or frozen. Use them in these pretty pepper tarts. Watch Mary Ann Esposito make Little Red Pepper Tarts at CiaoItalia.com!
- 1 sheet puff pastry, thawed
- 3 red bell peppers, roasted, peeled, seeded and puréed (about 1 cup)
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 3/4 cup milk or cream
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup grated Asiago cheese
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons diced thyme
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Pre-bake tart shells for 5-7 minutes.
- Reduce oven to 325 F.
- Whisk together the pepper purée, tomato paste, milk, eggs, flour, and cheese. Season generously with salt and pepper. Gently stir in the thyme.
- Pour the filling into the shells and place them on a baking sheet.
- Bake until the custard is set,about 15 to 20 minutes.