by Chef Ryan Hardy
Served with a fresh bean salad and onion pickle
- 1 cup blanched green beans
- 1 cup yellow wax beans
- 2 dozen littleneck clams
- 1/4 cup sorrel sliced thinly
- 1/2 cup grape tomatoes
- 1 cup muscatel vinegar
- One whole red onion
- Sea salt
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Begin by roasting clams (in their shells) over an open grill.
- Create the onion pickle: slice onion thinly and chill in an ice bath. Add muscatel vinegar and season to taste.
- Season green and yellow wax beans with kosher salt and cracked black pepper. Toss together with 1/2 cup of the onion pickle, sorrel and grape tomatoes.
- Add the roasted littleneck clams (in their shells) and drizzle with extra virgin olive oil.
Tips/TechniquesThis segment appears in show #3107.
Recipe courtesy of Ryan Hardy
© 2006 Ryan Hardy