Loaded Vegan Nachos
Loaded Vegan Nachos are the way to make your favorite Mexican dish healthy with vegan meat and vegan cheese sauce. (Recipe Credit: Marc Matsumoto of Fresh Tastes)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- .25 ounces (7 grams, 1 large clove) garlic
- 1.4 ounces (40 grams, 1/4 small) onion
- 3.5 ounces (100 grams) vegan meat
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup tomato juice
- 1/2 cup dairy-free cheese sauce
- 1/2 cup pico de gallo
- 1/3 cup guacamole
- 1/4 cup pickled jalapeños
- 1 scallion chopped
- 1/2 bag tortilla chips
- Put the vegetable oil, garlic and onions in a frying pan over medium-high heat. Fry the onions until golden brown and fragrant.
- Add the vegan meat and saute until the meat just starts to brown.
- Add the chili powder and saute until fragrant.
- Add and tomato juice and cook until all the liquid has evaporated.
- Heat the cheese sauce according to the package directions.
- To assemble the nachos, put down a shallow mound of chips, drizzle with the cheese sauce and half the meat.
- Pile on some more chips and then top with more cheese sauce and the remaining meat. Finish with some pickled jalapeños, pico de gallo, guacamole and chopped scallions.