- 1 pound of potsticker* wrappers
- small bowl of cold water
- 2 cups of chicken broth
- ⅓ pound each: lean ground turkey, minced prawns
- ¼ pound cocktail shrimp
- 1 cup of Napa cabbage
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- 1 green onion, minced
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- ½ teaspoon 100% sesame oil
- pinch of white pepper
- To make the filling: Chop by hand: turkey, seafood, cabbage, spinach, green onion, garlic, and ginger. Place mixture into a bowl, add soy sauce, sesame oil, and white pepper.
- To assemble potstickers: Spoon 1 tablespoon of the filling into the center of each potsticker wrapper. Fold dough over to make a half-circle, and moisten bottom half-circle with a small amount of water. Pleat edges firmly, forming 3-4 pleats on the top half-circle. Set each potsticker upright on a platter, so a flat base is formed.
- To cook potstickers: Heat a 12" nonstick fry pan** with 1 tablespoon oil. Place the potstickers close to one another. Brown the potstickers, about 30 seconds. Pour in enough broth to cover potstickers halfway. Cover and cook over moderate heat for five minutes, until liquid evaporates. Use a spatula to remove potstickers carefully. Turn each potsticker over, dark side up, and place on a platter to serve.
Tips/TechniquesFill little dishes with an assortment of hot chili oil, vinegar, soy sauce, and sesame oil. Mix dipping ingredients to suit individual taste.
* “suey gow” wrappers are recommended, if they are available, as they are lighter, and you can taste more of the filling.
** A non-stick fry pan requires less oil than a cast iron pan, and the potstickers slip out of the fry pan easily.