- 3 TB sugar
- 1 TB soy sauce
- 2 cups corn oil
- 6 TB white vinegar
- 2 whole chicken breasts cooked and shredded
- 1 cup water chestnuts sliced
- 1 head iceberg lettuce shredded
- 4 green onions sliced
- 2 TB sesame seeds lightly toasted
- 2 TB slivered almonds toasted
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 ounces rice noodles
- Combine first four ingedients well. Stir in chicken and water chestnuts. Marinate and refrigerate overnight or at least several hours.
- In large salad bowl, mix together lettuce and onions. Toast almonds and sesame seeds.
- Just before serving, add marinated chicken mixture to lettuce. Toss with sesame seeds, almonds and rice noodles. Toss gently, then add the juice of one lemon.
Tips/TechniquesYou may want to mix up a bit of extra marinade in case more dressing is needed.