Mango Lime Coolers
This sparkling drink, invented by my colleague Linda Wolpert, is wonderfully refreshing on a hot summer day. My family thinks it may truly be the best tasting drink we have ever enjoyed. For an adult cocktail, add an ounce of rum to each glass. Aviva Goldfarb of The Six O'Clock Scramble shares this recipes. See the full post at Kitchen Explorers.
Prep time: 15 Minutes
Yield: 6 servings
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup fresh mint leaves plus a few extra sprigs for garnish
- 6 limes (about 1 cup lime juice)
- 6 cups seltzer water
- 1/2 cup finely diced mango fresh or frozen
- In a saucepan, combine the sugar and water over medium high heat and bring it to a boil. When it comes to a boil, stir in 1 cup fresh mint, cover, and remove it from the heat. Let it cool for at least 5 minutes.
- Strain the mint syrup into a pitcher. Add the lime juice, seltzer and mango. Serve it over ice, garnished with fresh mint.