Mango Shrimp Tacos
Combine grilled shrimp and mango for a summertime taco. People can assemble their own combinations.
Yield: Serves 4 (Makes about 8 tacos)
- For the Mango Salsa:
- 1 mango, cubed
- 1 jalapeño, thinly sliced
- 1 handful cilantro, minced
- 1/4 white onion, diced
- Juice from 1 to 2 limes, plus more for serving
- Pinch salt
- For the Grilled Shrimp:
- 2 teaspoons ancho chile powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound shrimp (about 24 shrimp), deveined, cleaned and peeled
- Vegetable oil or cooking spray
- Tortillas for serving
- Preheat your grill or grill pan over medium heat. In a medium bowl, mix together the cubed mango, jalapeño, cilantro, white onion, juice from 1 lime and a few pinches of salt; set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the ancho chile powder, ground cumin, smoked paprika and salt. Sprinkle the spice mixture over the shrimp, being sure both sides are thoroughly coated. Brush the grill or grill pan with a bit of oil to prevent sticking. Transfer shrimp to the grill and cook on each side for about 2 minutes, until the shrimps turn pink and opaque.
- To serve, divide the shrimp amongst the tortillas, placing about 2-3 shrimp per tortilla. Top with a few tablespoons of mango salsa and an extra squeeze of lime.