- 1 (1-pound) bag baby carrots
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Place all the ingredients in a medium, heavy saucepan.
- Bring to a boil over medium high heat, stirring occasionally, until the carrots are tender and the sauce becomes a shiny glaze, about 15 minutes.
- Using an oven mitt or pot holder, remove from the heat and serve.
Nutrition InfoEach serving provides 110 calories, 50 calories from fat, 6 grams fat, 3.5 grams saturated fat, 15 mg cholesterol, 160 mg sodium, 16 grams carbohydrate, 2 grams fiber, 12 grams sugar, 1 gram protein