Marbled Cheesecake Brownies
These marbled cheesecake brownies show why making brownies from scratch is almost as easy as using a box mix and much more tasty. (Recipe Credit: Adrianna Adarme of Fresh Tastes)
Yield: 9 (2 x 2-inch or 3x3-inch) brownies
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup white granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- Cream cheese mixture:
- 4 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 8 x 8-inch or 9 x 9-inch brownie pan and line it with a sheet of parchment, leaving some extra parchment on either side; this will help with removing the brownies. In a glass or stainless steel bowl, nestled in a saucepan with simmering water, add the butter and chocolate chips. When melted, about 5 minutes, stir until very smooth.
- To a medium bowl, add the eggs, white granulated sugar and brown sugar; whisk until
- it turns a pale brown color, about 5 minutes. Add the melted chocolate and mix. Stir in
- the salt. Fold in the flour and mix just until combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared brownie pan. In a medium bowl, whisk together the
- cream cheese, sugar, egg yolk and vanilla extract. Drop a few dollop onto the surface
- of the brownie batter and then using a skewer, run it through, creating a swirling patter.
- Repeat any remaining cream cheese mixture.
- Transfer to the oven to bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until the top is set and the edges pull
- away from the pan. Allow to cool completely in the pan; run a knife along the edges
- and lift up the excess parchment. Cut the brownies into squares.