Marion Nestle’s Favorite Summer Fruit Thing
When fresh fruit is abundant, here’s a quick and easy way to appreciate it. I’ve made this with blueberries, peaches, apples and rhubarb, using a 10” x 7” x 3” baking dish. A small scoop of vanilla ice cream makes this even better.
- Your favorite Summer fruit, such as blueberries, peaches, apples and rhubarb
- ½ cup butter
- ½ cup dark brown sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Butter the sides of the baking dish.
- Put in 4 cups of fruit, as is, sliced, or diced into bite-size pieces.
- For rhubarb, add a few small bits of butter and mix fruit with about 2 tablespoons of dark brown sugar.
- For the topping, work together ingredients until crumbly.
- Cover the fruit with the topping.
- Bake until bubbly and brown on top.
- Cool before serving.