Mashed Potato Pancakes
With huge amounts of leftovers, mashed potato pancakes are a great dish! (Recipe Credit: Adrianna Adarme of Fresh Tastes)
- 4 cups of mashed potatoes
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced Italian parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- In a large bowl, add the mashed potatoes and mix in the flour, beaten egg, cheese, parsley and chives. Transfer to the fridge to *chill for 30 minutes to an hour.
- In a medium non-stick skillet, set over medium heat, add the oil. When the oil is hot, drop mounts (I like to use a cookie scoop) of the mashed potato mixture and flatten it slightly using your hands or the back of the cookie scoop. Cook for about 3 minutes on the first side and then flip, cooking on the opposite side for another 2 to 3 minutes. Repeat until you’ve worked your way through all of the mashed potatoes.
- Serve with a side of cranberry sauce and garnish with chives.
Tips/Techniques*The chilling time will depend on your mashed potatoes. If they’re a super creamy mashed potatoes, it will definitely need to chill for at least 2 hours. If they’re already chilled, you could get away with chilling it for only 30 minutes.