Meatball Potato Pie
- 2 cups grated zucchini (approx. 2 medium)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 lb. ground beef
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs
- 2 large eggs divided
- 1/4 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 cups mashed potatoes
- 1 1/2 cups skim milk
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Press zucchini into 9” pie pan, building up sides to form a crust. Drizzle with oil.
- Bake until golden, about 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of water to boil.
- In a medium bowl, combine beef, bread crumbs, 1 egg, onion, garlic, parsley and mustard. Mix well.
- Shape into 1 1/2” balls and drop into boiling water over low heat for about 10-12 minutes.
- Drain and arrange meatlballs over crust.
- In a large bowl, combine mashed potatoes, milk, remaining egg, thyme, and pepper. Mix well and spread over meatballs.
- Smooth top and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake until heated through and golden brown, about 20-25 minutes.