Mediterranean Udon Salad
- 150 grams (5.3 ounces) udon - dry
- 100 grams (3.5 ounces) roasted red bell pepper
- 50 grams (1.8 ounces) kalamata olives (about 12 large olives), pitted
- 25 grams (.9 ounces) red onion, (1/4 small red onion) roughly chopped
- 10 grams flat-leaf parsley (1/3 cup packed)
- 2 grams garlic (1 small clove)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 100 grams (3.5 ounces) Lebanese or Japanese cucumbers, cut into cubes
- 45 grams (1.6 ounces) feta cheese, crumbled
- Boil the udon 1 minute less than what the package directions say and then immediately drain and wash them with very cold water to chill the noodles.
- Put the roasted bell pepper, olives, red onion, parsley, garlic, olive oil, red wine vinegar, oregano and salt into the bowl of a small food processor.
- Pulse until the mixture is uniformly chopped, but still a little chunky.
- Pour this mixture over the udon noodles and toss to coat evenly.
- Plate the pasta and top with the cucumbers and feta.