- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/4 cup brewed dark coffee
- 1 teaspoon instant espresso powder
- 1 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- 1 1/4 cups semisweet chocolate morsels
- 2 disks (about 6 ounces) Mexican chocolate, chopped
- In medium saucepan, heat whipping cream, milk, dark coffee and instant espresso powder.
- Place chocolate chips and chopped Mexican chocolate into a large glass bowl.
- When liquid mixture is hot, stir in chipotle powder. Pour hot mixture over chocolate.
- Stir with a whisk until chocolate is melted and sauce is very smooth.
- Pour into fondue pot and serve with cinnamon donut balls and fresh fruit or spoon over quality vanilla ice cream.
I used Abuelita Mexican chocolate. It is made by Nestle and can be found in the international aisle of some grocery stores. Another brand you may be able to find is Ibarra.
Instant espresso powder can often be found near the coffee in some grocery stores. If you can't find it, just grind your own coffee bean very fine.