- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 8-ounce can tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup salsa (thick and chunky style)
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 7 flour tortillas buttered
- 2 cups shredded cheese shredded
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- Heat oven to 375 F.
- Brown ground beef and green pepper in large frying pan. Drain well.
- Add tomato sauce, 1 teaspoon chili powder, salsa, salt and pepper.
- In 2-quart casserole alternate layers: 2 tortillas, 2/3 cup meat sauce and 1/2 cup cheese.
- End with remaining tortilla, remaining cheese and 1/2 teaspoon chili powder.
- Cover and bake in preheated oven - 25 minutes. Uncover and allow to stand 5 minutes.
- Cut in wedges and serve with salad or corn.