- 1 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 4 scallions coarsely chopped
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 10 ounces fresh baby spinach
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 8 corn tortillas (6-inch)
- 1 can (15.5 ounces) pinto beans drained and rinsed
- 1 cup prepared salsa (mild or medium)
- 8 ounces pepper Jack cheese grated (about 2 cups)
- Preheat oven to 425° . In a food processor, combine cilantro, scallions, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper with as much spinach as will fit; pulse, adding remaining spinach in batches, until coarsely chopped.
- Coat an 8-inch square baking dish with cooking spray. Lay 4 tortillas in bottom of dish (they will overlap slightly). Layer with half of beans, salsa, spinach mixture, and cheese; repeat with remaining ingredients, ending with cheese and pressing in gently.
- Cover dish with foil; place on a rimmed baking sheet. Bake until bubbling, 25 to 30 minutes; remove foil, and continue baking until golden, 15 to 20 minutes more. Cool 5 to 10 minutes before serving.
Nutrition InfoPer serving: 446 calories; 21 grams fat; 21.6 grams protein; 48.2 grams carbohydrates; 10.4 grams fiber