Microwaved Baked Apples
In need of a late night snack? Microwaved Baked Apples are a quick and healthy snack that has the flavor of homemade apple pie without all the work. Best of all, it only takes 7 minutes in the microwave.
Source: CCE of Schenectady County
Total time: 7 Minutes
Yield: 8 servings
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 4 teaspoons butter
- 3 tablespoons chopped nuts
- 1⁄ 2 teaspoon cinnamon
- dash nutmeg
- 4 small baking apples
- Combine flour, brown sugar and butter in a small bowl and microwave on high 30 seconds or until butter is softened.
- Mix until crumbly; stir in nuts, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Cut apples in half lengthwise; remove core. Arrange cut side up in a 2-quart rectangular baking dish.
- Spoon topping evenly into center of apples. Cover with waxed paper and microwave on high 6-7 minutes, or until apples are tender. Let rest, uncovered, 3 minutes.
Nutrition Info(Each serving provides 100 calories, 35 calories from fat, 4 grams fat, 1.5 grams saturated fat, 5 mg cholesterol, 0 mg sodium, 18 grams carbohydrate, 2 grams fiber, 13 grams sugars, 1 gram protein)