- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (from 1 or 2 lemons)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 plum tomatoes seeded and diced
- 1 English cucumber (about 1 pound) seeded and diced
- 1 cup coarsely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 small red onion diced
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 container (8 ounces) store-bought hummus
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 8 ounces feta cheese
- 1 cup black olives such as kalamata, pitted
- 4 pita breads (6-inch)
- Prep: In a small container, combine lemon juice and 1 tablespoon olive oil. In a medium container, combine tomatoes, cucumber, and parsley; place onion in a separate plastic bag. If preparing this recipe in advance, see storage instructions (below).
- Serve: Add onion and dressing to vegetables. Season with salt and pepper, and toss to combine. Serve with hummus (sprinkled with paprika and remaining olive oil), feta (thickly sliced), olives, and pita.
Tips/TechniquesNote: Store dressing covered, in refrigerator; tomatoes, cucumber, and parsley covered, in refrigerator; onion in plastic bag, in refrigerator.