Pork shoulder slowly braised in milk, garlic, and rosemary until very tender
- 1 bone-in pork shoulder about 4 lb
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 6 cups whole milk
- 6 cloves of garlic
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 2 fresh bay leaves
- Season the pork shoulder with salt and black pepper.
- Wrap the pork in plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- Place pork in a heavy pot and add the rest of the ingredients.
- Cover and place the pot in a preheated, 275 degree oven, and cook for about 4 hours, or until very tender.
- Strain the braising liquid, remove some of the fat, and adjust the seasoning to your preference.
Pull meat from bone and add to braising liquid before serving, then toss the meat with cooked, fresh pasta and grated pecorino. Or, chill and thinly slice the pork, re-warm it in braising liquid, and serve with boiled potatoes and arugula.
1999 Rodano Chianti Classico Reserva