Mini Cherry Crumbles
With cherry season in full spring, these fruit crumbles are a perfect treat. Make your summer party sweet with Jenna Weber's's recipe for mini cherry crumbles in a full post on the Fresh Tastes blog.
- 4 cups sliced, pitted sweet cherries
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- ¾ cup lightly packed brown sugar
- ½ cup flour
- 4 tbsp cold, unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- ¾ cup old fashioned oats
- ¼ tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray four individual 8oz ramekins with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, toss the cherries with the lemon juice. Spoon about 1 cup cherries into each ramekin (you should be filling each ramekin to the top with cherries).
- In another bowl, mix together the brown sugar, flour, oats and salt. Using your fingers, mix in the butter until well incorporated. Spoon about ¼ cup topping onto each ramekin—don’t be shy here! The more streusel the better. (You should have some leftover streusel topping)
- Bake cherry crumbles for about 25-30 minutes until topping is golden brown. Serve with ice cream or whipped cream!
- You can also make this in an 8” casserole dish if you don’t have individual 8oz dishes.