Mini Cherry-Pecan Streusel Loaves
Substitute the pecans and cherries for nuts and dried fruit of your choice.
Prep time: 25 Minutes
Total time: 2 Hours
Yield: Makes 6
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour (spooned and leveled)
- 1/2 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) cold unsalted butter cut in small pieces
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter melted, plus more for pan
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (spooned and leveled), plus more for pan
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups dried cherries (or dried cranberries)
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter and flour six mini loaf pans (each 5 3/4 by 3 inches, with a 2-cup capacity). Make streusel topping: In a bowl, mix streusel ingredients with fingertips until moist clumps form. Place in freezer.
- Make cherry-pecan batter: In a medium bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, salt, and baking soda. In a large bowl, whisk butter, sugar, sour cream, eggs, and vanilla until smooth. Mix in dry ingredients until moistened. Fold in dried cherries and pecans.
- Divide batter evenly among prepared pans; spread to fill corners. Place pans on a baking sheet. Bake 15 minutes, then remove from oven, and quickly sprinkle loaves with streusel topping.
- Return loaves to oven; bake until golden and a toothpick inserted in center comes out with only a few moist crumbs attached, 20 to 25 minutes. Cool loaves 10 minutes in pans; turn out of pans, and cool completely, streusel side up, on a rack.