Mini Chicken Burgers
Easy and delicious mini burgers. Add curry powder or ginger to add an extra kick! Aviva Goldfarb of The Six O'Clock Scramble shares this recipes. See the full post at Kitchen Explorers.
- 2 lbs. ground chicken
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic (2 - 3 cloves)
- 1/2 cup Italian flat leaf parsley minced, or more to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano or 1 1/2 tsp. fresh
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil or 1 1/2 tsp. fresh chopped basil
- 1/2 lemon juice only, about 2 Tbsp.
- 1/4 – 1/2 tsp. salt to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper or to taste
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1-2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 cup honey mustard barbecue sauce, and/or ketchup, for serving
- 6 small whole grain buns or rolls for serving (optional)
- In a large bowl, thoroughly combine the chicken, garlic, parsley, oregano, basil and lemon juice. Season it with salt and pepper.
- Put the bread crumbs on a small shallow dish. Form the chicken mixture into about 15 small, thin patties, about 2 inches in diameter. Press the patties into the bread crumbs to coat each side and set them aside on a plate. (At this point you can refrigerate them for up to 24 hours or proceed with the recipe.)
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat the oil over medium heat. When the pan is nice and hot, cook the patties until they are browned on each side and cooked through, 8-10 minutes total. If the patties are cooking too fast on the outside, reduce the heat and partially cover the pan for a few minutes so the insides will cook, too. Serve them hot with honey mustard, barbecue sauce, ketchup, or your favorite condiments.