- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Vidalia onion finely minced
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup Italian bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 lbs. lean ground turkey breast
- 2 large eggs beaten
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 8 Prosciutto slices
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- Preheat over to 350 degrees.
- In a saute pan over medium heat, heat olive oil.
- Add onions, salt, pepper, garlic and cook until onions become transparent.
- In a separate bowl, combine the ground turkey, bread crumbs, ricotta cheese, parmesan cheese, eggs, ketchup, Worcestershire and onion mixture.
- Mix well and shape into 6 mini meatloaves.
- Wrap each loaf in prosciutto slices and place in a baking pan.
- Put chicken stock over meatloaves. Bake until the internal temperature of each loaf is 160 degrees (approx. 35-45 minutes).
- Remove from the oven and let rest for 5-7 minutes before serving.
Tips/TechniquesOptional: Serve with steamed green beans tossed in olive oil, salt and balsamic vinegar.