Recipe by Michael Procopio
- About 8 fresh mint leaves plus one attractive sprig for garnishing
- 1 teaspoon of superfine sugar (it dissolves better than table sugar)
- 3 ounces Kentucky bourbon
- a good splash of soda water
- Crushed ice and lots of it
- Powdered Sugar for dusting
- Chill a tall Collins glass or silver julep cup in your freezer for a few minutes.
- Combine mint, sugar, soda, and half of the bourbon in the bottom of the glass. Muddle gently.
- Add a few spoonfuls of crushed ice and stir. Fill the glass the rest of the way with ice, top off with the second half of the bourbon, garnish with mint, and dust with powdered sugar.
- Drink immediately