Minty Cucumber and Cantaloupe Salad
Food blogger Aube Giroux explains what cucumbers and cantaloupe have in common in a full post on the Kitchen Vignettes blog.
- 1 large ripe cantaloupe
- 4 medium cucumbers (or 2 large ones)
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 8 oz feta cheese, cubed or crumbled
- About a dozen medium-sized mint leaves, very finely chopped
- For the Honey-Lime Dressing:
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp. white wine vinegar
- Juice of one lime
- 2 tbsp. honey
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cut the cantaloupe in half and scoop out the seeds.
- With a melon baller, carve out as many balls as you can get out of your cantaloupe.
- Chop the cucumbers in thin, quartered slices.
- Place the cucumber slices and melon balls in a colander and sprinkle with 1/2 tsp salt, toss gently with your hands. Place the colander over a bowl and allow the juices to drain for about 20 minutes. (Keep the juice for smoothies!)
- Place the cucumber and cantaloupe balls in a salad bowl. Add the cubed feta and chopped mint.
- Place all salad dressing ingredients in a lidded jar and shake vigorously.
- Pour on the salad, toss gently, and serve cold.