- 1 large eggplant
- 3-4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1 large tomato peeled
- 2 eggs
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place the eggplant on an baking sheet and bake for 35 minutes. Remove eggplant from oven and set aside. When the eggplant is cool enough to touch, peel and discard the skin. Chop the eggplant into rough pieces.
- In a pan over medium-high heat, add the olive oil and sauté garlic and onion until softened slightly. Add the tomato and peeled, chopped eggplant to the pan. Cover the pan and cook over medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Add the eggs to the eggplant mixture in the skillet and stir. Cook over low heat until eggs are firm, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon.
- Transfer to a serving dish.
Tips/TechniquesNote: The eggplant may also be grilled on top of stove or in the broiler.
Serve with Lavash Bread and fresh herbs.
A cold glass of Doogh ( a yogurt drink)