Miso Mushroom Stir-Fry
Make a mushroom stir-fry featuring miso, bok choy, and brown rice. (Recipe Credit: Adrianna Adarme of the Fresh Tastes blog)
- 2 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoons sweet miso paste
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 1 pound mushrooms (I used a mix of *king mushrooms and beech)
- 1 bunch of bok choy, cleaned with ends trimmed
- Cooked brown rice, for serving
- Sesame seeds, as garnish
- Green onion, sliced, as garnish
- In a large saute pan, set over medium heat, add the sesame oil. When warm, add the mushrooms and sprinkle with a pinch of salt. Cover and allow to cook until slightly softened, about 2 minutes. Next, sweet miso paste, rice wine vinegar, ginger and bok choy; toss until thoroughly coated. Cover for about 3 minutes, until the bok choy is bright green and slightly softened.
- Spoon stir-fry over a bed of rice and top with sesame seeds and green onions.
Tips/TechniquesKing mushrooms are fairly large so I sliced them in half, long ways, and then scored the stems. This made for a more even cooking time.