- 1 10-ounce box couscous
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion diced
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 3/4 cup golden raisins
- 1 28-ounce can whole tomatoes drained and roughly chopped
- 1 lb. shrimp peeled and deveined
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 lemon halved
- Prepare the couscous according to the package directions; set aside.
- In a large skillet, over medium-low heat, heat the oil. Add the onion, ½ teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon black pepper. Cover and cook until onion is softened, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add the bell pepper and raisins and cook for 4 minutes more. Add the tomatoes and heat for 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place the shrimp in a bowl and sprinkle with cumin, cinnamon, and 1/8 teaspoon black pepper. Squeeze the lemon over the shrimp and toss.
- Add the shrimp (not the liquid) to the tomato mixture. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the shrimp are pink and cooked through, about 3 minutes.
- Fluff the couscous with a fork, divide it among individual plates, and spoon the shrimp over the top.
Nutrition InfoPer Serving
Calories From Fat 10%
Sat Fat 0.97g