Mulled Apple Cider with Sweet Honey Cream
The perfect drink to accompany any chilly night!
- 2 quarts apple cider
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 2 star anise
- 1/2 teaspoon whole cloves
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1 stalk lemongrass chopped
- 1 cup cream
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- For the sweet honey cream: In a chilled bowl, combine cream, honey, and nutmeg and whip until stiff peaks form. Refrigerate.
- For the mulled apple cider: Combine the cider, light brown sugar, bay leaves, cinnamon sticks, cloves, star anise, ginger, and lemongrass in a large pan. Bring to a boil, then simmer uncovered 30 minutes.
- Strain the spices from the mixture and discard. Return the cider to pan and keep warm. The cider is ready to be served as is.
- Fill mug with hot cider and garnish with sweet honey cream.
Tips/TechniquesTip: To whip cream faster – use a chilled bowl.