Mummy Chocolate Covered Strawberries
Watch these mummy chocolate covered strawberries disappear at your kid's next Halloween party from Alice Currah of SavorySweetLife. Alice shares this recipe in a full post on Kitchen Explorers.
Prep time: 10 Minutes
Cook time: 10 Minutes
Total time: 20 Minutes
Yield: Serves 12
- 1 cup white chocolate melting wafers or chopped melting bark
- 1 pound strawberries with stems, washed and dried
- 2 tablespoons mini chocolate chips
- Melt the chocolate wafers according to the package instructions. Reserve ¼ cup of the melted chocolate in a separate cup.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment or wax paper.
- Holding the top of the strawberry, dip the fruit into the white chocolate twisting as you go until fully coated. Do not worry if it does not look smooth. Set the strawberries on the parchment paper.
- Repeat this with the rest of the strawberries.
- Take two mini chocolate chips and dab a tiny amount of white chocolate on the flat side of the chip. The chocolate is used as glue. Place the “eyes” on each strawberry, flat side down.
- Place the reserve melted chocolate in a ziplock bag. Cut the corner tip of the bag and use it as a pastry bag. Drizzle the chocolate over the strawberries from left to right and right to left, avoiding the eyes. Using a toothpick, go over the drizzled lines softly to make it look more messy and strip like.
- Allow the chocolate to harden. Gently cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.