Try this nacho chips recipe made with corn tortillas. You can watch Sue prepare the dish in this clip from Lakeland Cooks!
- 8 corn or flour tortillas
- 1 cup chopped seasonal fresh fruit, such as pears, peaches, nectarines or any firm-fleshed fruit
- 2 green onions, including some of the tender green tops, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice (1 large or 2 small limes)
- 4 ounces goat cheese or cream cheese
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Stack the tortillas on a cutting board and cut into quarters.
- Arrange evenly on large baking sheets. Bake for 5 minutes.
- Turn each piece and bake for another 5 minutes, or until crisp.
- Meanwhile, prepare the salsa by combining the fruit, green onions, garlic and lime juice.
- Remove the crisps from the oven and let cool.
- Spread each with the goat cheese or cream cheese and top the fruit salsa. Or serve the cheese and salsa in separate bowls and arrange the tortilla crisps around the edges so each person can spread their own.