Nakji Bokkeum (Spicy Octopus Stirfry)
Try this spicy octopus stirfry recipe from Cathlyn's Korean Kitchen made with octopus, carrots, red pepper, and onion.
- 6 pieces of baby octopus
- 1 ½ cups shredded carrots
- ½ red pepper
- ½ green pepper
- ½ brown onion
- 3 tbsp gochugaru chilli flakes
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp minced ginger
- 2 tbsp white cooking wine
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- cooking oil
- toasted sesame seeds
- In a bowl, combine all the ingredients, stir well with a spoon and set it aside.
- Cut up the octopus in smaller pieces.
- Chop up the red and green peppers and half a brown onion
- In a pot, boil some water and add a teaspoon of vinegar and salt.
- When it starts boiling, add the octopus, cook for about 2 minutes and then move them into a bowl.
- Pour half the sauce over the octopus and give it a light toss
- Heat up a skillet or wok, drizzle a tablespoon of olive oil and the remaining sauce.
- Add the chopped up onion and let it sweat for about a minute in medium high heat.
- Add the octopus and Give it a good stir for a couple of minutes.
- Lastly, add the chopped green onions, red and green peppers.
- Mix a tablespoon of corn flour with two tablespoons of water and drizzle it over the stirfry.
- Garnish with some toasted sesame seeds