Nori Vegetable Wraps
Recipe courtesy of Arnold Kauffman
If the words "raw food" sound harsh to you, you probably have not yet been introduced to Arnold Kauffman. Bursting with positive energy, Arnold, who runs a raw food cafe called "Arnold's Way" in Lansdale, PA, has devoted over a decade to the raw food way of life and has inspired many others to follow in his footsteps. His colorful array of smoothies, pies, souls, and pizzas reveal the variety of delicious foods that can be made from natural, vegetarian ingredients - without any cooking at all. WHYY’s Friday Arts meets with Arnold as he explains the logic behind the diet and its numerous health benefits.
Photo Credit: Flickr
- 2 Raw Nori Sheets
1 ripe avocado
- Handful spring mix lettuce
- Napa cabbage julienned
- 1/2 carrot julienned
- 1/4 zucchini julienned
- Red pepper, zucchini, other vegetables for garnish
- Take one nori sheet and about an inch from the edge, place a strip of spring mix. On top, add cabbage, then julienned carrot, zucchini and finish with slices of avocado.
- Moisten edges with a bit of nama shoyu or lemon juice and then tightly wrap nori over mixture.
- Take the filled nori and slice into 4-5 pieces. Place upright onto a plate.
- Mix 1 tbs nori with 1 tbs water and put into a small dipping bowl for the nori.