Not Your Momma’s Bruschetta
Though there appear to be a lot of steps, this is a very simple recipe and worth every one of the 10 minutes it takes to cook!
- 1 loaf artisan bread or baguette use your favorite!
- extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic peeled, divided
- 1/2 cup leeks chopped
- 1 shallot diced
- 1 container herbed goat cheese
- 1 head spinach washed, dried and chopped
- 1 portobello mushroom diced
- Ingredients for Balsamic Vinaigrette
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- pinch of salt and pinch of pepper
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Cut bread into 1/4 to 1/2 inch slices; drizzle both sides with olive oil. Bake in oven at 350 degrees for 3 minutes.
- Dice 1 clove of garlic. While bread is baking, begin to sauté leeks, shallot and 1 diced clove of garlic in olive oil.
- Once you remove the bread take the remaining clove of garlic and rub onto the bread. Next spread the bread with goat cheese and layer with a piece of prosciutto. Drizzle with a tiny bit of olive oil and return to oven for 3 minutes.
- While bread is in oven, mix vinaigrette. Blend the balsamic, Dijon mustard, honey, salt and pepper together with a whisk. Slowly add in olive oil. Set aside.
- In a sauté pan heat a little olive oil and sauté the leek, shallot and garlic until softened but not browned.
- Add leek mixture to the spinach in a bowl. Add the portobello mushrooms to the sauté pan to warm.
- Toss the spinach mixture with the vinagrette. Add this mixture to the top of the bruschetta.
- Place spoonfuls on top of the bruschetta, add some mushroom pieces on top and enjoy!