Nutty Brussels Sprouts
Source: “Farm-Fresh Recipes”, by Janet Majure. Permission to use granted by Fairplain Publications, Inc. and Growing for Market.
- 3 cups Brussels sprouts (fresh or frozen)
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 3/4 walnuts or pecans, chopped
- Remove loose or discolored leaves from the sprouts.
- Cut an X with a paring knife through the stem end to assure even cooking.
- Steam for about 8-10 minutes or until just tender. Meanwhile, combine remaining ingredients, except nuts.
- Drain sprouts before tossing them with vinaigrette and adding nuts.
Nutrition InfoEach serving provides 270 calories, 200 calories from fat, 23 grams fat, 2.5 grams saturated fat, 0 grams trans fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 50 mg sodium, 16 grams carbohydrates, 3 grams fiber, 10 grams sugar, 4 grams protein