One Pot Tomato Zucchini Penne
With tender chunks of zucchini in a spicy Arrabbiata sauce, this easy delicious pasta is the perfect one-pot meal for a busy weeknight dinner. (Recipe Credit: Marc Matsumoto of Fresh Tastes.)
Yield: Makes 3-4 servings
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- .5 ounces garlic (about 2 large cloves, minced)
- 5 ounces onion (about 1/2 onion, diced)
- 8 ounces zucchini (about 2 small zucchini, cubed)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1 14.5oz can stewed tomatoes (tomatoes and liquid roughly smashed)
- 2 teaspoons red chili flakes (to taste)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 8.5 ounces penne
- ground black pepper (to taste)
- flat-leaf parsley (for garnish)
- Add the olive oil, garlic, onion, zucchini and salt to a large pan and saute until the garlic and onions start to brown.
- Add the water, stewed tomatoes, chili flakes, soy sauce and penne and bring the mixture to a boil over high heat. Turn down the heat to maintain a simmer and cook for 10-12 more minutes or until the penne is cooked to your liking.
- Adjust salt and pepper to taste and garnish with parsley.