Orange-Glazed Apple Dumplings
Try this apple dumplings recipe glazed with orange juice. You can watch Sue prepare the dish in this clip from Lakeland Cooks!
- 1 can crescent rolls
- 1 Granny Smith apple, peeled, cored
- 1 cup orange juice
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter (half of one stick)
- In small saucepan, mix orange juice, sugar and butter. Heat until sugar melts. Set aside.
- Cut apple into 8 slices.
- Wrap each piece with one crescent roll.
- Lightly coat a 9- x 13-inch glass baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place wrapped apple pieces in dish.
- Pour orange sauce over the wrapped apples in dish.
- Sprinkle a little sugar over the whole thing.
- Bake in preheated 350-degree oven for 25 to 30 minutes until dumplings are golden brown.
- Spoon sauce over dumplings in the dish before transferring to serving plate.