Osteria Luchin’s Potato Meatloaf
Vary the vegetables with asparagus or small peas. Watch Mary Ann Esposito make Osteria Luchin's Potato Meatloaf at CiaoItalia.com!
Cook time: 35 Minutes, 40 Minutes
Yield: 8 servings
- 1/2 pound cooked string beans
- 4 medium size potatoes (about 2 pounds), boiled unpeeled in salted water
- 3 eggs
- 1 small yellow onion, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced marjoram
- 1/2 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 4 tablespoons milk
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 3/4 cup toasted breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mince the string beans and place them in a large bowl. Peel the potatoes and put them through a potato ricer or food mill. Add to the bowl with the string beans. Add the eggs,minced onion, garlic,butter, marjoram, and Parmesan cheese. Thin with a little milk and season with salt.
- Grease a 9-inch cast iron skillet or roundbaking pan with olive oil and coat with bread crumbs.Press potato mixture into pan, and using a fork, create diagonal lines on top.Drizzle with olive oil and bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until hot and crusty.