Oyster Mushroom Frittata
It's brunching season and this oyster mushroom frittata exceeds all expectations for your ultimate brunch party. (Recipe Credit: Adrianna Adarme of Fresh Tastes)
- 6 large eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons minced chives
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, plus more for mushrooms
- 1/2 pound oyster mushrooms, cleaned and cut into 1-inch strips
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. To a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, sesame oil, chives and salt. Set aside.
- In a medium skillet (that’s oven-proof), add the olive oil. When warm, add the mushrooms and cook for about 3 to 5 minutes, until softened slightly. Next, add the green onions and a few pinches of salt. Cook for an additional 2 to 3 minutes. Pour the egg mixture over the mushrooms and give it a quick mix. Transfer to the oven to bake for about 15 to 17 minutes, until firm to the touch. Garnish with chive leaves or extra chives. Slice and serve.