Pasta e Fagioli: Soup from Italy
Throughout the month of March, PBS KIDS will showcase games, printable activities, and learning resources that shine a spotlight on global cultures. Keep up with the latest around-the-world adventures on PBS KIDS and if you liked these dishes, try making more rice and noodle dishes.
- 3 15-oz cans cannellini beans
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 2 teaspoons (or more if you wish) Italian seasoning
- 3 cups chicken broth
- Angel hair pasta
- 1 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- Parmesan cheese
- In a large soup pot, heat olive oil. Add garlic and heat it through but do not let it brown. Add a Italian seasoning.
- Cook pasta then drain it.
- Next add 2-3 cans of Northern beans. Do not drain the cans.
- Simmer to infuse the flavors. Add the pasta into the sauce. Top with Parmesean cheese and enjoy!