- 1 lb. linguine or other long pasta
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 lbs. assorted fresh mushrooms cleaned and sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 6 garlic cloves thinly sliced
- 1 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese plus more for serving
- Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until al dente, according to package instructions. Reserve 1 cup cooking water; drain pasta, and return to pot.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and garlic; season with salt and pepper. Cover skillet (it will be full); cook, tossing occasionally, until mushrooms have softened and released their liquid, 7 to 10 minutes. Uncover skillet, and reduce heat to medium; cook, tossing occasionally, until mushrooms are tender and browned,10 to 12 minutes.
- Add mushroom mixture and Parmesan cheese to pasta; toss to combine. Add as much reserved pasta water as necessary to create a light sauce. Serve immediately, topped with more Parmesan cheese.
Nutrition InfoPer serving: 624 calories; 14.4 grams fat; 32.1 grams protein; 94.8 grams carbohydrates; 6.4 grams fiber