Peach Clafoutis with Almond Cream
Try Chef Ludo Lefebvre's recipe for Peach Clafoutis with Almond Cream.
- For the Clafoutis:
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 10 large whole eggs
- 4 large egg yolks
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 ½ cups all purpose flour
- 2 pound peaches, sliced or cubed
- For the Almond Cream:
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon almond extract
- For the Garnish:
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- To make the clafoutis: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 3-quart baking dish with the softened butter then sprinkle 2 tablespoons of sugar over the coated baking dish and gently shake the dish to coat it with the sugar. Arrange the peaches in the baking dish.
- Whisk the eggs, egg yolks, and 1 cup of sugar in a medium bowl for 2 minutes to blend well and have a homogeneous mixture. Add the cream and flour and whisk very well to blend. Pour the batter over the apricots in the dish. Bake for 50 minutes, or until golden brown on top and crusty and the center is just set.
- To make the almond cream: Whisk the cream, powdered sugar, and almond extract in a medium bowl until the cream is very thick and fluffy. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- To serve: Sift powdered sugar into a small bowl to blend. Cut the warm clafoutis and transfer it to bowls. Spoon a generous dollop of almond cream alongside the clafoutis. Sift powdered sugar over and serve immediately.