Create personal dishes of peach cobbler for each of your guests with this recipe.
Prep time: 20 Minutes
Total time: 1 Hour, 20 Minutes
Yield: Serves 4
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup sugar (depending on sweetness of fruit)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 1/2 lbs. peaches halved, pitted, cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices, and cut again in half crosswise (about 4 cups)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup all-purpose flour (spooned and leveled)
- 3 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter cold, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2/3 cup low-fat buttermilk
- Make the filling: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, whisk together sugar and cornstarch. Add peaches and lemon juice; toss to combine. Divide filling evenly among four 8-ounce custard cups (or one 2-quart baking dish); transfer to a rimmed baking sheet.
- Make the topping and bake: In a large bowl, whisk together flour, 3 tablespoons sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Using a pastry blender or your fingers, blend in butter until mixture resembles coarse meal. Add buttermilk; stir just until a dough forms.
- Drop dough onto peaches, using about 1/3 cup dough for each custard cup. Sprinkle dough with remaining teaspoon sugar. Bake until fruit is bubbling and biscuit topping is golden brown, 35 to 45 minutes. Let cool 15 minutes; serve warm.